romance ramblings
Looks like my buddy Mike is in love. He likens his situation right now to the stuff movies are made of, and he's right; it would make for an excellent screenplay. Imagine a country torn by decades-long war as the backdrop with two people doing their altruistic bit by helping to rebuild it...then meeting and falling for each other.*sigh*
You can't make this stuff up, people. It'd make an excellent film. Or an excellent plot for the next Final Fantasy video game iteration. In any case, I'm jealous. Yes, jealous. You see, love has eluded me for the last five years. And in that time, I've seen many of my friends build relationships and get married: old friends from high school, college, and even some friends that I've met in my short professional career.
Yeah, yeah I know. "You'll meet her when you least expect it." But what if I already met her and missed my chance? That's the feeling I get whenever I think of my best friend's wedding earlier this year. She was perfect in every way...and now she's unavailable.
I believe that God's teachings extend beyond the Bible. His influence can be seen (or rationalized, depending on what condition your faith is in) in the events life throws our way. In college, I was humbled by those who were more gifted than myself in academics. I was taught humility. After 9/11, I gained a true appreciation for this great country I live in and the benefits I once took for granted. I was taught gratefulness. What is the lesson that He is trying to teach me now? Am I not ready for love just yet? After all, I am studying for the PE and writing applications/resumes any chance I get (except for now, of course). Plus, in Nebraska I was practically obsessed with obtaining my master's degree. Or is this void in my life indicative of something deeper? Since I got to California, I haven't been the best Christian out there, that's for sure....
*sigh again*
Well anyway, props to my man Mike for finding himself a woman in KaBul of all places. As the late, great Tupac said: "I ain't mad at ya. I've got nothing but love for ya." Good luck to you both.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home