PE Exam Preparation Madness
Whew! I just got done writing the last of my engagement record/reference forms for my Principles and Practices of Engineering (PE) Exam. The PE exam is essentially a big-ass 8 hour exam that all CEs should take to become professionally licensed in their home state. The CA exam is actually 13 hours and spans two days since we have to get tested in the additional subjects of land surveying and seismic principles. That's a lot of test! The application, application fee, and preparation for said test are all proportional to its length, that's for sure. I've been studying diligently since early January and I'm still in the water quality section! There are only five real sections, though: water quality, environmental, structural, soils, and traffic. The test isn't till October, so I figure that two months per section will do. There sure is a lot to learn! On top of all the review crap that I've already purchased, past examinees claim that they had to procure additional texts to help them prepare. So guess what I'll be doing!!?Scary thing is, I'm actually enjoying my review time. It's almost meditative. All right, it's 1:17 in the morning. Time for sleep.

2 Comments:
Dudee...i just gotta PE review book and peeked inside. I'm scared, I'm reaally scared...I don't even understand or follow the simple step by step solutions..
Idiot. Relax. Let me clue you in on why you will probably get your PE faster than me:
(a) I think you're smarter than me.
(b) You went to school at Georgia f**king Tech!
(c) You don't have to take the seismic or surveying portions.
So while you're snowboarding down some slope in Colorado as random mike, PE, I will still be cloistered in my room, studying how to use a theodolite and reading why pagodas in ancient Japan are still standing today due to their fabulous earthquake resistance.
Post a Comment
<< Home