Friday, March 18, 2005

Consistency is a good thing.

So I'm here in Colorado. I can't complain, I think this place is really cool. The Springs are a bit sprawly for my taste, but there's a pretty good downtown scene and some culture here.

I like it!

I'm headed up to Vale tomorrow morning for a little snowboard action and then in the evening I will hopefully be going to Denver with some random people to go salsa dancing. I'll be partaking in two of my favorite things in one day! The usage of the word "stoked" would be appropriate here, I think. I am stoked.

Mike is back, of course. We got to hanging out some this week. You know, deployments usually change people...much of the time, it's relatively noticeable. Some become quieter, others become more reflective and their attitudes/behavior may change.

Not Mike.

He's the same uncouth, flatulent, random person that I met four years ago in Omaha. He touched my head with his dirty sock and single-handedly managed to make his new bathroom smell like a swamp. But give him a break...he's participated in two campaigns back-to-back, fighting for freedom. And once you get past the crusty exterior, he's a really a good guy. Just read his blog.

Welcome home, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home