Sunday, February 20, 2005

Life, Love and Mortality Part 3: Life

I guess the anxiousness I wrote about in the first blog today is a result of a combination of different things. I didn’t convey this in Part 1, but as I grow older in years and become more stubborn, despondent, and impatient with dealing with other people, I begin to worry that I will never find a suitable mate to share my love and life with! The anxiousness is also definitely a result of my mom going through that close call on Friday.

Well, the last leg on this triad of worry is life. Specifically, the stuff that I have to deal with. You already know about my crappy boss from that last big-ass rant. Well, I also have to deal with finding a new job after life in the military and then passing this PE. There’s just so much to study. Ugh! It sure is stressing me out. Thank goodness for my man Charles for hooking me up with a graphically designed resume format (he’s a graphic design major at the Academy of Art, thank you very much!). The entire process for getting a job is so crazy-convoluted. I’ve attended various transition seminars and the more I take, the more I just want to go home and not think about doing anything anymore, except for salsa dancing. So many subtle nuances have to be taken into consideration when you apply for jobs: how you dress, how you speak, the content and style of your resume, what you should talk about during the interview, how you should say it, blah, blah, blah…..

Boo!

It sucks. I just hope that nothing is worse than what I have to put up with now at my current job. And then there’s that PE exam. Should I even still take it this fall? It’s so close to my transition into civilian life. I should be writing applications or something, not studying open channel flow, right? eh. I dunno.

The bright spot is that I’m gonna go to Colorado for a month starting in March. Yeah! I’m going to learn how to snowboard and meet hoards of hot Colorado women. The former is likely, but the latter is just smack-talk to keep my spirits up. You see, gentle readers, I must continue studying and composing applications while I’m up there. No rest for the weary.

Sigh.

J9, if you’re reading this, send me an email and tell me where you live in CO so you can give me some moral support, like you did all through high school.

The story continues….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home