Clocked!!
It's 1:35 CA time in the wee hours of Saturday morning. I just logged in a really good five hours of salsa dancing up north in San Luis Obispo. It was mostly good, except for what I will now term, "the Incident."Now, for those of you who don't know, I've taken several types of martial arts in the past--Kajukenbo and Taekwondo the foremost among them. Over the years, I've learned how to take hits pretty well: gut shots, head shots, and even the occassional groin strike. So what does this have to do with the Incident and what the hell is it, anyway?
Well, I was taking this really bad beginner girl out for a spin and running her through some pretty difficult stuff for a person who's only taken 3 lessons in her life. I put her through an intermediate spin pattern/twisty thing when out of nowhere her elbow flies out and pretty much uppercuts my nose! I've been hit in the eyes and mouth before, but a nose shot is the worst because upon impact I heard a sickening crack that was also heard by her friends four feet away, I was temporarily blinded, the pain was intense, and--dammit--tears began to well up in the eyes. Only with a nose shot, I'm telling you.
Nothing's broken, but a bruise will likely develop. Good thing Filipino noses are flat, yeah? And that's the Incident. Yay!!!

1 Comments:
hi, stopping by randomly.
ouch. i hope the bruise won't stay too long. but dancing sounds like fun. i wish i could salsa!
Post a Comment
<< Home