Weekend snowboarding adventure, part one.
Yeah, yeah. I know it's Wednesday already--kinda late for a "weekend update" type of post--but hey, I've been really busy okay? Actually, that business pretty much has entailed carousing around Colorado Springs. Heh, heh. Well anyway, onto this past weekend...Vail, Colorado is a beautiful place. And I'll tell you what...the ski park itself is ginormous. There's a huge number of runs to choose from on both sides of the mountain. I loved the fact that even the green routes were very steep, but manageable. It allowed even a rank amateur such as myself the chance to go quite fast; the feeling was rather exhilerating. The only real bad thing that I experienced at Vail were these really narrow and flat "catwalks" where I would (a) completely lose all speed and get stuck or (b) fall on my ass trying to avoid some little kids on skis. I remember bailing so hard on my second and third runs on one of these stupid catwalks trying to avoid some kids that I was delirious...totally not coherent. So afterwards I get off the slopes and look for a bathroom. In my delirious state, I wandered into the ladies' restroom. Just my luck: one of the many snow hotties visiting Vail that day walks in. "Am I in the right place?Uh, you're in the ladies bathroom....you know that right?" Uh, obviously not, lady.
Later that day, I finished up at the Cascade run and got to talking with a girl named Erica from Florida. Just after she parts ways with me to go back to her hotel, she runs up and offers to teach me how to link turns (it was one of the topics we were talking about). How nice! So we do some small talk on the lift and when it's time to get off, I repay her kindess by falling on my ass and tripping her up in the process too! Not good. Well anyway, she proceeds to show me how to link turns and I proceed to show her how inept I am at snowboarding. *sigh* Not that I was trying to impress her or anything...she couldn't have been older than 15. I thought it was really cool that she did that for me though. Nice people really do exist!!!
Props to my friends that took me up to Vail--regardless of how shoddy I performed, I had a blast and was thankful for even getting the chance to experience the ski and snowboarding mecca.
And that was Saturday.

2 Comments:
Yeah...thanks for ditching us at Vail...i and a friend went up with Tony, but i got on skis for the first time in my life and my other friend was snowboarding for the first time in her life...as soon as we got off the lift struggling to stand up...Tony was gone, i caught a fleeting glance of him zooming away from us. He totally ditched us for the deep powder, 4 mile runs and 15 year old girls...
Yeah baby...yeah!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home