Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I want to move here...

…to Colorado, that is. I think it’s way more beautiful than where I live in California. Yeah, I live in wine country and the beaches aren’t that far away, but there’s something about the mountains, rivers, and snow that I find much more inspiring than what I’ve got back home. The huge scale of the topography in this area gives me the sense of how insignificant I am in the bigger picture, yet it also gives me an appreciation for being alive. One day, when I figure out how, I’ll post some pictures on this site that show how big everything is. Of course, the photos won’t do the views any justice. You’ve gotta see to believe.

The people and the work environment have a lot to do with it too, I think. I’m only in Colorado temporarily, but the people here have really made me feel welcome. Back home, people couldn’t give a sh*t. Well, that will all end this September when I get to leave that job and hopefully find something new. I’ve already spent 18 years of my life in the “golden state.” If you’re into overinflated cost of living expenses, crowds, rude, shallow, materialistic people and ridiculous prices for fuel, then head west. But I’m really in the mood for living in a different place to make a fresh start. Maybe that will be in Colorado.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home