Wednesday, May 30, 2007

West Coast Salsa Congress Wrap Up.

Damn, that weekend was a total blur. Basically, I danced until at least 4am in the morning and woke up at around 9 or 10 the next day to do it all over again. During that time, I even got to meet up with Sister 1 and Alma for breakfast. Can’t remember which day. The entire hotel was completely trashed. Essentially 80% percent of the hotel population for that weekend was comprised of young salsa dancers and you can imagine how that went. Nine floors of after-parties after the main dance floors closed at 4am. I personally got the upturned nose treatment from the concierge one time, but whatever. Things to note for the next salsa congress: (1) don’t take the dance workshops—complete waste of time b/c they’re too crowded and the teachers teach too fast, (2) skip most performances—only see the people you want to see if you can. Friday night was a complete waste b/c I watched performances for 4 hours! I was so stiff and tired after that that I went to sleep! I’m debating on whether I should go to the S.F. congress. Should be fun since the rest of the team is going…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home