Frustration.
Caltrans angers me. They are the gatekeepers of federal funding and in order for them to allocate funds to any of your roadway projects, they need to do what is known as a “Field Review.” So I apply for one in March of 2006 and after 10 months I am granted an audience after being ignored, denied, and summarily dismissed. Persistence prevails sometimes, I suppose. We take a look at the project together and these inconsiderate morons have the audacity to say, “maybe you should have applied for a field review sooner.”Fast forward to a few weeks ago. We are at the eleventh hour to get our funding grant submitted and I’m getting pressure to complete the paperwork for the grant by my bosses and the local transportation authority. At that point, we did everything we asked: we turned in the right paperwork, plans, specs, what have you. And what do they do? Basically one week afterwards, they bombard me with new paperwork to fill out, which I had never before seen! “I’ve never seen any of this before,” I say to my local assistance engineer at Caltrans. “Oh, we’re learning the process, too,” says the local “assistance” engineer. Idiots.
And then, yesterday, I learned that the cost estimates that I have been using which were formulated by my coworkers before I even arrived at this job—the very cost estimates that I based this entire grant process on—were incorrect or incomplete!!! WTF? What I see is incompetence from the Federal all the way to local level. Bureaucracies. Pathetic.
Is it okay to pray for tongues of flame to strike from On High and smite the stupid? Sigh!

2 Comments:
Bwah ha hahah ...He has starting smiting california with fire.
Look at your I-580, I-980, Higway 24 interchange fire Sunday.
Which effectively destroyed the way to a city trillions times wickeder than Sodom and Gomorrah
I wonder how long that will take to fix.
hmm...you're right! Thank you, Jesus! =-D
Post a Comment
<< Home