Anthony Fuego's High School Reunion!!!
My 10-year high school reunion happened this past Saturday. I was kinda apprehensive about attending at first. There were one or two people who were attending that I had unresolved beef with from way back in the day. Yeah. Pretty stupid. Also, I was also kind of worried that I’d be labeled a loser because I moved back to the Napa Valley. With no exception, it was everyone’s goal as a youth to leave this place.Well, my fears were unfounded.
First off, the test of time seemed to dissolve any ill will I had toward the folks I had problems with those years ago. I was talking to these people as if our egos and pride never got in the way of our friendships in the first place. Which is cool, I think, because it symbolizes for me that the bonds of friendship are more sturdy that the chains of animosity. Everyone got along really great. It wasn’t pretentious, either. We had the reunion at a park and it was very casual. No one was really focused on careers; no one cared! The most important thing was getting to reconnect with old friends. What a great vibe. No one thought I was a loser for moving back to Napa, either. What a relief. If anything, the general consensus was that people thought that I was lucky for getting to come back to one of the most beautiful, temperate places the US has to offer.
One of the sad things was that I stuck to the folks that I knew back in the day. No new acquaintances were forged. Oh well. Those were the people that I really cared to see anyway. Overall I had a great time. I got wasted though; I think most people did. I don’t remember it, but apparently we had an afterparty at Casa Morales because I (a) have photographic evidence, (b) the house was way messier than when I left it, and (c) the vomit in the driveway was probably mine. That last one didn’t make sense. Anyway…good times.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home