Despair: When your best isn't good enough.
Title sounds like on of those anti-motivational posters, huh? Well, that's certainly how I feel like right now. I failed the 8-hour NCEES portion of my PE license for the second time in a row. Granted, I didn't really give a crap about the first time just because I was moving up from Vandenberg last year and was occupied with other stuff. Like, you know, finding a job for example. But still. Other people with similar or tougher circumstances managed to pass.I really felt confident walking out of that exam, too (numbers represent % questions answered correctly per section):
Morning
Environment: 50
Geotech: 75
Structures: 50
Trans: 75
Water: 88
Afternoon
Wastewater: 63
Biology: 88
Solid/Haz waste: 80
Groundwater: 60
Geotech: 100
Water Resources: 60
If you add those numbers up and divide by 11 (11 being the number of sections in the Environmental 8 hr), you get an unweighted average of 71.72%. My morning scores in environmental and structures were pretty shitty. The 50% in environmental was a surprise, given that is my specialty. But I honestly thought that my afternoon performance was decent, then and now. For the uninitiated, passing scores are around the 70% mark. I was close to 2% greater than that.
I dunno. I really put everthing I had into that test in terms of preparation. Now it looks like I have to start having to sacrifice afternoons and weekends again. Not looking forward to it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home