Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Jab, Cross, Hook, Hook-kick, Cross

So, salsa is out. For me anyway. It’s not necessarily the dance itself that burned me out. It was the fact that I had to keep driving 40 miles through crazy weekend gridlock to the City (i.e. San Francisco, for the uninitiated) and paying ridiculous amounts for parking and cover fees that turned me off. Or maybe it was the bitchy girls who thought they could dance but couldn’t follow a lead if their life depended on it. Or the fact that improving my repertoire meant getting lessons from an egocentric instructor. Or any number of things.

So anyway, I’ve focused again on something that I’ve left neglected for awhile. That, my friends, is the sweet science of kickboxing.. Just me, a trainer, some hand targets and the heavy bag. It’s forty five minutes of dodging, jumping, kicking, punching, some grappling, jumprope, pushups and situps. Lots of situps. Satisfaction on the dance floor is elusive and depends on the capabilities of your partner. Satisfaction in kickboxing training comes with every solid hit you score on your sparring partner, hand target, or bag. Love it!

And afterwards I take the Tae Bo class as a cool down and um….there’s hot girls there. Hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home