I finally beat Trauma Center!!!
I've alway's beaten video games that I've thought were worth my time, from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!! to Little Nemo to the Resident Evil Series to most of the Final Fantasy games. But my greatest accomplishment to date was finishing off the last boss in Trauma Center: Under the Knife.In the game, you play as Dr. Derek Stiles, who starts off as a slacker third-year intern at Hope Hospital. Mind you, this is a Japanese game with a very typical anime plot. So...as it turns out, this "slacker" has amazing operating capabilities he inherited from his divine ancestor, the Greek god Asclepius: the god of medicine. Anyway, his ability is called the "Healing Touch," and it basically slows down time for him (think Matrix). This game is available on the Nintendo DS (the newest gameboy iteration) and you actually use your stylus on the touch screen to "operate" on patients. You take out tumors, shards of glass, and wierd bug-like diseases called GUILT. Also at your disposal are all the tools a surgeon needs. Also, you are coached (read: yelled at) by your cute nurse assistant, Nurse Angie.
This game is tough. It takes mad reflexes and patience. It reminds of the shooters that I played when I was younger like Einhander, 1943, or G. Darius b/c you have to memorize the correct operating procedures and how certain diseases react to them. It's kind of like recognizing the boss attack patterns in a shooter.
I remember that I had to put this game away for the longest because the third in the final series of 7 bosses kept defeating me. But then all of a sudden, I picked up the game today and totally destroyed it. And then I went on and beat the rest of the bosses. Ugh! What a relief...Trauma Center is such a great game with a good plot, good graphics, great concept, and a lot of heart. I didn't realize how much it was eating me up that I kept getting my ass kicked by it and had to put it down for a month and a half. When I saw those credits roll...dude. Release. Definitely a 10 of 10. Go Atlus!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home