Nerd Alert!!!
Why I'm typing this down, I have no idea, but here goes....I keep abreast (I love that word!) of current events via newspaper, website, or other media as much as I can. The activities of the current political administration began to really pique my interest, mmm, maybe about a year or so ago, and I've been reading books concerning the socio-political ramifications of American involvement in the middle east, the primacy of the United States as the sole superpower on earth, and the actions of the Bush administration prior to the Afghanistan and Iraq campaigns. Heavy, heavy stuff. Looking at this stuff in addition to studying for the PE, searching for jobs, and somehow finding time to recreate really wears a Filipino brother down. So on a lark, I decided to pick up a book of a genre that I haven't touched in awhile: Fantasy fiction!!!!
The book "Forsaken House" focuses on the adventures of Araevin Teshurr, an elven mage from Evereska, as he attempts to thwart the malicious machinations of the twisted House Dlardrageth, an ancient cabal of demon-spawned sun elves who burn for vengeance against the elven realms that defeated them millennia ago. Forsaken House is based in the "Forgotten Realms" fantasy campaign setting--an extension of the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons fantasy universe.
Oh man, I devoured this book in a day! I choose to make a saving throw against dorkiness with a +6 ability modifier for being an engineer. D&D rocks...you all just don't know!

2 Comments:
DK, why do you never answer your phone? I've called you twice since I've gotten here...and nothing. It hurts. Like falling on your head and cracking vertebrae.
Where did you get the Pedro shirt??? is there one that says "Vote for Pedro"?
Post a Comment
<< Home