California State Tour Part Three of Six!!!
So after the Folsom interview, I went back to Davis (site of my alma mater) and crashed with a pal from college. That night, we went out and...skateboarded!!! Florence is a rider from back in the day. In the late 80's and 90's she was a total tomboy that did on the skating tricks. When I whipped out my old-school Santa Cruz Roskopp remake, she busted the figurative nut and took it for a spin. Imagine an elegant and beautiful Chinese woman with long, flowing hair and a slight yet nonetheless curvaceous frame totally shredding it up on the street doing kick-turns and ollies. I stood off to the side with my mouth open thinking "that is so hot."I took out my longboard and we both rode the Davis bike trails together. It was very relaxing and tiring at once. So much fun!
The next day, Thursday, while she was at work, I drove up to South Lake Tahoe (2 hours) and snowboarded at Alpine Meadows ski resort!!!! I am a total snow bum. There was only one lift open, but there were multiple paths down the mountain. We're talking bowls, trees, bumps, cliffs...everything you could want! Spring skiing is so cool! And the snow was just right. Plus, no one was there! It was like I had the park to myself almost. Blues and Blacks all the way! I want to work on my technique so I can go down blacks more effectively, though. The bad part about CA skiing is that the runs aren't as long as in Colorado. Peak 7 at Breck is my ultimate fave, but I've only been on maybe one run in CA that matches the length of the Peak 7 runs as well as the difficulty. Plus, things just aren't the same riding without Mike! He would be on his skis and it was always fun going fast trying to catch him. He was like my coach. Nowadays, when I ride the slopes all crazy and super-fast, there's no one there to share my accomplishment with. I'm making my sad face now.
And that was last Thursday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home