California Weekend Snowboarding Adventure!!!
What the sh*t!? So I get back to California on the 19th of April and I'm really going through these painful fun withdrawals. No more fun co-workers, no more cool people to hang out with in general, and (especially) no more snowboarding. Right? No!!! I immediately took leave the following day to hit the slopes on the Friday the 22nd at Heavenly Ski Resort in Tahoe. Let me tell you, that really hit the spot. I hit the blues and saw some spectacular views of the lake from my mountain vantage-point. I even got so distracted by the vistas that I fell on my ass once because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and caught a bad edge. But aside from that, the day was muy spectaculario. I even got to teaching an attractive young Filipino girl some basics. She was a cutie! Know what though? I could've totally tackled some black runs that day. Man! I should've too...the snow was corny and very accomodating. Damn.I love driving to ski resorts because, generally, the land surrounding them is protected by the Forest Service or other hippie-oriented Federal wildlife/plant life protection agency. This is a good thing, because the rock formations (in Colorado) and the coniferous forests (in NorCal) are very, very pretty. *sigh* If only I could live nearer to these places...
By the by, I hope that the overabundance of snowboarding stuff doesn't turn you off, dear readers. It's just that when I discover a new activity that I decide to take as my hobby, I get extremely passionate about it and it subsequently becomes one of the few things that I talk about! Speaking of which, I'm seriously considering buying myself a skateboard--you know, for the off-season.............

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home