Saturday, April 09, 2005

Scheduling conflicts suck.

Well, for those who may not be in the know: I got extended in Colorado for a week. Hooray! I would've headed up to the slopes today with my normal partner in crime, but he's come down with a touch of the Plague, so that's not happening. Go up alone, you might ask? Nah. I'm in Colorado with a couple of other guys from work, so I didn't want to take away the rental car from them. That would just be selfish. So this weekend I look forward to sleeping in, relaxing and studying. Haven't done much of any of those in awhile!

Anyway, I got asked last Friday by a dear friend to play a major role in her wedding ceremony on May 28th. I've known this woman since I was a freshman in high school, but she attended middle school and university with me, too. She's one of the very few people outside of my family that I can act completely natural in front of, by virtue of the fact that she's known me for so long. She's like a sister, really. But there was a time when I wanted to date her--would that be incest? I'm sorry, I digress. The fact that she asked me to do this is a very great honor. I mean, how often will I ever play a major role at someone's wedding? But alas, I had to decline. My buddy Ed already sent me an invitation to his wedding which happens on the same day! Graar!!!!! I don't want to rescind (sp?) my acceptance to attend his wedding--that would be shitty and non-classy. And, at the core, I am a man of refinement and taste. But damn it all, I really, really wanted to go to her wedding!!!!!

Well, she's not bound to her man by law until after she ties the knot. Maybe I can make it up to her somehow before the 28th of May.....!

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger anthony fuego said...

I know, right? At this rate, I'll be single for a long time: boo. =-(

Or I can troll the college towns for freshmen ladies. Hooray! =-)

But mostly...boo. =-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home