Dreading reality.
Working in CO has been great. Colorado Springs, for the most part, has been an awesome place to stay. There’s plenty to do locally, everything is relatively easy to get to, and the view of Pike’s Peak is excellent. In fact, wherever you go in this city, you will see Pike’s Peak; it is truly an omnipresent monument. The work, and more importantly, the working environment, has likewise been really good, too. People here are nice and laid back, which is such a change from what I’m used to.So the reality is that I have to go back to California.
You all know I hate where I’m at in California. Worst of all, I got a promotion of sorts, so that means I’ll be more accountable for my actions. A couple of years ago, I would’ve been thrilled to have this new position! But you see, I don’t want to have more responsibilities. For you GI Joe fans from back in the day from ’83-‘87, I basically work for the equivalent of Major Bludd and Cobra Commander. Like these fictional leaders of evil, these two tend to use their resources poorly and lose a lot of battles (political battles in the bureaucracy on base, not any real battles…though I wouldn’t be surprised if they sucked at waging real ones either). Plus, they aren’t “people-persons” and I hate interacting with them as a result of that. I’m probably going to get dumped on with stupid jobs like “base cleanup” and “host the city mayor/base visit” or some other such nonsense in addition to my normal engineering job, which is to basically manage similarly disgruntled civilians who are very old, most likely unwilling to listen to some young kid telling them what to do, set in their ways, and probably will soon die. Ugh. Well, I’m sure that God is putting me through this ordeal for a reason; maybe it’s all an elaborate lesson on how not to (mis)treat your subordinates.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home