It's a blizzard...fo' shizzle.
I was ready to go snowboarding on Sunday. One final tour down the slopes before heading back home. But when I awoke that morning, Mike told me that whiteout conditions were happening all over Colorado, six to eight inches were expected or had already dropped in the 'Springs, winds were really strong, and that travel would be treacherous, especially through the mountains. It was a blizzard. Even in Nebraska, I had never experienced something like this. Major highways were shut down and even the plows wouldn't come out.So, being who we are, we went out to WalMart at around noon to get orange juice and video games. Wow! The weather reports proved to be correct. Blizzards are cool. Literally.
I guess that's fortunate. I don't have to go to work today!

1 Comments:
Yeah, the roads were really really bad. I felt bad that Tony might miss one last day of riding, but they SHUT DOWN the highways! We would have been stuck in Denver or worse. Visability was near zero, its all over the news. Proves sleeping in is usually a good call.
Post a Comment
<< Home