Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Gathering.

My sister's getting her PhD (player hater degree!) in Microbiology from UC Berkeley this weekend on Sunday!!! That means embarrassingly loud cheering for her at the ceremony itself followed up by a phat Filipino-style party in the old hometown afterwards. This will be the first time in years that both my mom and dad's side of the family have converged.

Drunkenness! Violence! Bloodshed! Electric Slide! It will be fabulous.

Anyway, my parents went off and decided to have me MC the party. I'm supposed to say an invocation for the meal and even some kind words about sister #2. However I've been preparing for interviews for the past month and a half. And studying. I suppose I could have started work last night, but I put some new RIDE bindings on my snowboard instead. Hehe!! I'm hitting the slopes the day after. Anyways, does anyone out there know a good invocation, or perhaps even a place in the Bible where I can draw inspiration from? I use the NIV, by the by.

I don't wanna go to work! =-P

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Saucy!!! I miss big Filipino parties, with mountains of rice, pork, beef, cabbage, veggies and tons and tons of lumpia!

The mountains will bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness.
Psalm 72:3

Let the river clap their hands, Let the mountains sing together for joy; let them sing before the LORD
Psalm 98:9



Have a wicked time tommorrow riding playa!

Oh yeah, get hurt at work...you get a week or more time off work, and your eligible to be a disabled veteran (greatly aiding future house loans and getting job preference) and the doctor gives you free narcotics!!!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger anthony fuego said...

Disabled veteran?! Hell yayeah! I'm going to go to Horizontal and get a third degree hydroxide burn on my left arm while "accidentally" coming into contact with the PCC mix.

Just kidding.

I'm at my friend's place in Davis right now, but her computer won't let me post. I wanted to post, like, five messages the other day and one of them was going to be the aftermath of the Gathering! Guess I'll have to wait till I get to Santa Maria later today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home