Monday, May 30, 2005

California State Tour Part Four of Six!!!!

The Friday after Tahoe, I drove back home to poopy santa maria. Blah. Once I got home I did laundry in preparation for the next event on my CA State Tour: The Borromeo wedding! Ed and Guia are really good friends from work. When I was invited to the wedding and reception, I was like "sweet!" But before that, I wanted to go salsa dancing in San Luis Obispo (SLO) on Friday night. You see, I had a score to settle with one of the girls there. Couple of weeks ago now, I had an altercation with a girl I was pseudo-seeing right before going to the salsa club. When I got to the club, I was not my normal happy goofy self, but very, very angry.

The dance pattern we were learning that night was super difficult and I was not getting it for a number of reasons; the foremost being that the girl I had an argument with had angered me so much. I wasn't focused. Anyway, one of the girls that I was practicing the move with proceeded to dictate to me how to do the move. Normal Tony would have weathered the criticism with grace. However, I wasn't normal Tony that night, and I wasn't about to take direction/criticism from another snooty chick. I dissed her on the floor and brushed her off even when she came up to me and apologized for being too bossy (wow! the fact that she made an attempt was a surprise--usually girls that get dissed just blacklist you). I went home super early that night. And proceeded to continue my argument with the other girl.

Flash forward to this past Friday. I danced with salsa-dancer girl again and felt the negative vibes. She proceeded to treat me very coolly--not unexpected. But afterward, I took her aside and explained and apologized for being such a jerk when she didn't even deserve my wrath. Luckily, she's one of those happy girls that readily accepts apologies and all that.

I suppose that the point of this is to express the fact that I have a really ugly mean streak that is apparently very hurtful to the person I target. Thing is, the anger usually doesn't last very long and the feeling of remorse I get after fuming at them is just as intense as the anger. Gotta get a handle on that someday.

Anyway, salsa-ing last Friday went really well. Got some really good dances in..even shared a couple with Jess, the girl I dissed. She's this tiny, ex-ballet dancer that has a pixie cut. Really cute! Nice build. Great ass. Too bad she's dating this awesome dancer guy! D'oh.

It was fortunate that I cleared the air of that bad karma. The day after was Ed's wedding.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home